Senior Practice Nurse
The Southern Fleurieu Family Practice is a leading rural GP medical clinic based in Yankalilla, on the beautiful Fleurieu Peninsula, just 80 kms south of Adelaide. We want to appoint a senior experienced Practice Nurses to lead our clinical nursing program and team.
The Senior Practice Nurse is responsible for ensuring that clinical programs are established and maintained to deliver high quality care in keeping with best practice in Primary Health Care…
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Interest/expertise in primary Health Care
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach
- Well organized
- Empathetic nature
- An ability to work autonomously and within a team environment
- A commitment to continuous professional development
Knowledge and experience:
- Experience in a General Practice environment
- Immunisation requirements
- Chronic disease management; i.e. diabetes, asthma, osteoporosis
- Wound management
- Health Assessments and physical examinations
- Asthma Management
- Computer literacy (Best Practice Medical Software Program)
- Practice administration and principles of primary care
- Previous experience with Sterilization of medical equipment
- Flexibility in hours and days worked, including annual and sick leave relief, Saturdays (as rostered) or occasional out of hours’ work
- Attendance at staff meetings and clinical education events as required.
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and attitude for this role then please apply by email to Amanda Jurado, Practice Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information please visit our website at www.sffp.com.au or telephone (08) 85580111. A position description is available on request.